What We Do at Green Harbor Building Systems Georgia
Green Harbor Building Systems LLC is a one-stop dealership for Fox Blocks ICF building systems manufactured by Fox Blocks Insulating Concrete Form Wall Systems.
We have the training, contacts and relationships to cover all your ICF building questions and requirements, be that single unit residential, multi-unit residential or commercial construction. Our chief goals are to provide our customers ready access to all of the products and services necessary for constructing new insulating concrete form & concrete buildings with Fox Blocks Insulating Concrete Forms as well as associated accessories and complementary green building products including Fox Bucks, a fully integrated continuous insulation window and door buck from Fox Blocks, and Giraffe ICF Bracing and Wall Alignment Systems, essential ICF construction tools & equipment, and other ICF construction support services – i.e. providing on-site Fox Blocks installation training for contractors.
A secondary goal of Green Harbor is to offer our customers an array of green & Energy Star energy saving/producing products that will complement the Fox Blocks ICF structural building shell in the attainment of Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) and Net-Zero Energy (NZE) certifications. Most notable among the energy-saving products are the leading green HVAC systems such as geothermal (air & liquid) heating & cooling; in-floor, radiant heating; mini-split, ductless heating & cooling; and energy recovery ventilation (ERV) units.
Finally, to provide our customer with energy-producing systems essential to meeting NZE requirements, Green Harbor will partner with leading manufacturers of photovoltaic solar panels, passive solar systems, and other green energy supply systems to gain maximum results for our clients by having a balanced overview of the best methods for achieving better constructed buildings from plans to completion. We also understand the importance of reaching Green Building goals whilst keeping within budget and on time.
Please see below for the specific services Green Harbor Building Systems offers for:
- Green Harbor Building Systems will find experienced ICF Building Contractors & Professional for your project. We’ll help you secure the services of ICF construction professionals – general contractors/Fox Blocks ICF installation contractors, architects, engineers, and others – who have proven track records in using the Fox Blocks ICF building systems within their respective fields.
- Provide guidance and answer your questions about the ICF building system throughout the planning and construction phases of your new Fox Blocks home
- Generate building project estimates
- Serve as the sales contact for Fox Blocks building materials
- Put you in contact with architects, engineers, and contractors experienced with the Fox Blocks ICF building system
- Provide on-site Fox Blocks ICF installation training to your selected builder who wants to add the Fox Blocks ICF system to his construction repertoire
- We stand ready to equip your contractor with the specialized equipment, accessories, and tools that are required in building with Fox Blocks ICFs
- Adapt Wood-Frame based house plans to Fox Blocks ICF construction
- Provide tours of Fox Blocks homes and building sites in the local area
- Facilitate the acquisition of any other information & resources that you may require as you contemplate building with Fox Blocks ICFs
If you are thinking about migrating away from traditional building methods in order to gain vastly superior energy efficiencies, provide protection of lives and property against natural and man-made disasters, and assure a healthier and more comfortable living environment, please let Green Harbor Building Systems, LLC how you can attain these goals with Fox Blocks ICFs. Below are some of the services that we will provide to potential and committed Fox Blocks ICF commercial building owners:
- Provide Fox Blocks ICF familiarization seminars and product demonstrations to your facilities and energy management teams
- For prospective commercial building owners exploring the prospect of building with ICFs, we can arrange for tours of completed ICF buildings within the same class of facilities as you intend to build. For example, we can make arrangements with the staff of a completed Fox Blocks ICF school to receive members of a school board who are considering building their next school with Fox Blocks ICFs. The ICF school staff would provide a comprehensive tour of their school and furnish information pertaining to the energy efficiency, living comfort, and construction & operating costs of their ICF building
- Assist the management team in securing the services of architectural and engineering firms experienced in building ICF commercial buildings for their particular type of enterprise, and provide guidance in selecting a Fox Blocks ICF installation contractor.
- Generate estimates of the cost of Fox Blocks ICF building materials for the construction project
- Serve as the point of contact for all matters related to the sale and delivery of Fox Blocks building materials
- Act as the single source of specialized equipment, tools, and accessories required to support the Fox Blocks construction project
- Serve as the focal point for the resolution of technical questions and problems during the ICF installation phase of the building project and serve as liaison for Fox Blocks related issues involving the local building inspectors’ office.
Services Offered to Building Industry Professional in Georgia:
- We work with Architects, Home Designers and Structural Engineers in Georgia to design structures efficiently using ICF materials to best effect and within code, then using the powerful estimating programs supplied by Fox Blocks, Take-Off from plans to provide accurate free estimates for the ICF materials required as well as the concrete and rebar quantities. We can also provide initial estimates of ICF labor costs for Georgia based upon the actual costs experienced in building projects of similar size and configuration in the Georgia region. (Actual finalized labor costs for ICF projects will of course be provided by the GC or ICF installation contractors chosen). In our experience, estimating an ICF project accurately allows for the most successful construction completions.
- We order all Fox Blocks ICF building products as specified by the construction plans, and estimated with the help of the Fox Blocks estimating program, and arrange for direct shipment from the Fox Blocks manufacturing plant in Villa Rica, Georgia direct to the project jobsite. An efficient, transport minimization and cost effective supply chain in keeping with Green Harbors’ environmental goals.
- Green Harbor Building Systems offers the essential ICF building accessories, tools, and installation equipment for ICF construction in Georgia through strong partnerships with the manufacturers and distributors of these products.
- Fox Blocks ICF familiarization and training services for homeowners, commercial building owners, building professionals (architects, GC/contractors, engineers, designers), and other construction building trades – electricians, plumbers, drywall installers, HVAC installation technicians, and others. We will also offer our product familiarization services to local building inspectors who may not be knowledgeable of ICF construction methods.
- Green Harbor maintains an active, up-to-date list of ICF trained contractors, architects, and engineers who are experienced in the design and construction of Fox Blocks ICF structures, and will further assist its customers in securing the services of these Experienced ICF Contractors.
- Green Harbor Building Services maintains an active list of Fox Blocks ICF installation contractors who have agreed to serve as references for the Fox Blocks ICF building system.
- Prospective new homeowners who have selected a set of house plans (based upon inefficient wood-frame construction) can request us to convert these plans to ones that incorporate the efficient Fox Blocks ICF Insulated Concrete building system.
- We offer tours of Fox Blocks ICF buildings to prospective Fox Blocks ICF customers to experience first-hand the solid feel, comfort and quietness of an ICF building, and to further observe that the appearance of a Fox Blocks structure is indistinguishable from identically-styled buildings constructed from more traditional building materials. Safe concrete homes built with ICF are truly an aesthetically pleasing affordable alternative to outdated flimsy stick frame properties in Georgia, and Green Harbor Building Systems look forward to proving this to our new clients.
CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ATTAINING THE FORTIFIED, LEED, & NET-ZERO ENERGY (NZE) BUILDING DESIGNATIONS in GEORGIA:
- Green Harbor Building Systems, LLC will meet with prospective new building customers to show them how they can achieve the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) Fortified Building designation by building the structural shell with the Fox Blocks ICF system in GA. In addition, we can help our green building customers to map out a ‘whole building’ plan for achieving the LEED and NZE building certification designations in Georgia by starting with a Fox Blocks structural envelope and complementing its inherently green properties with contemporary energy-saving HVAC systems and green energy producing systems.
Fox Blocks ICF Training Services
FOX BLOCKS ICF TRAINING SERVICES FOR CONTRACTORS & SELF-BUILDERS IN GEORGIA:
- If you have selected a building contractor who is not experienced in building with ICFs in general or Fox Blocks ICFs in particular, or you wish to Self-Build using ICF in Georgia, we will provide hands-on Fox Blocks ICF installation training on the jobsite to you & if applicable the construction superintendent and his crew helping lay out from plans to make sure they get the foundations and basics right.
FOX BLOCKS ICF TRAINING/FAMILIARIZATION FOR BUILDING PROFESSIONALS & TRADES:
- Green Harbor will provide tailored Fox Blocks ICF training/familiarization and follow-up support in Georgia to Architects, Engineers, and other design-related building contractors & professionals who have never designed structures using ICFs. We can also train the other construction trades such as electricians, plumbers, drywall installers, and HVAC technicians in the proper techniques for installing their products within Fox Blocks ICF structures.